Based on feedback, experiences and further development we are now introducing Catalyst Controller mkII. By optimizing the design and our manufacturing process (most elements are still done by hand) we were able to shave ~20% off the price compared to earlier models. Please note that these are always 'make to order' and delivery times can be a bit longer as a result.
*This model does NOT come included with a x-fader and is designed to attach to the top of your mixer, as it is low profile it will need a low profile x-fader in order to fit properly*
The mkII comes with a newly engineered mono railsystem for smoother movement, a menu encoder, an OLED display, 2 MIDI buttons and a MIDI rotary control all in the case. A mini-innofader extension wire is also included.
The proven functionalities from the Catalyst Entry, with newly added audio analysis function:
- 13 scales to choose from
- reverse option
- on-board OLED display and menu
- output note range customizable from 13 - 49 semitones
- transpose up and down feature
- set midi out channel (1-16)
- 2 MIDI mappable buttons
- 1 MIDI mappable rotary control
- all controls are available as midi control (via USB) also
- Audio-in analysis via USB audio*
Extended Syntablism features:
- Ability to control hardware as well as software (VST) Synths with vinyl movement*
- No samples. The actual sound can be manipulated and notes can be played giving the most natural sounding and flexible ’turntable’ instrument to date
- Compatible with any turntable, you DO NOT need a MIDI turntable
- You are not limited to 2 or 2,5 octaves of notes but get full range
- It can play chords!
- ‘Scratch’ the instrument’s sounds with your record movement*
- Trigger notes with the x-fader and manipulate sounds on the fly with e.g. the x-fader range mapped to FX**
- It will work with software as well as hardware synthesizers that have MIDI capability
- Buttons are mapped by default to Octave up and down
- Effect control will be mapped to effect 1 by default
We strongly recommend a Traktor Z2 as that will work best with all MIDI functions. It will fit on top of most other mini-innofader compatible mixers as well, but results may vary.
Any questions or comments? Let us know!
* vinyl movement capturing works via on the fly audio analysis with our proprietary frequency analysis algorithm. The audio-in needs to be provided via USB audio and can be routed via most DJ software directly. If you are unsure if your setup supports this please contact us via support.
** at moment of writing only available for Traktor users and compatible mixers